I recently went out with a wonderful friend to the NGV gallery in Melbourne. It's such a beautiful art gallery and always has so many interesting pieces to look at. Of course with art everyone has their own likes and dislikes.
- You'll see photos of the gorgeous stain glass ceiling in the hall at the gallery.
- An amazing Georg Jensen silver duck beak shaped item. I loved photographing it as it was so unusual.
- There was a magnificent mat displayed as suspended lamps from the ceiling, with mirrors underneath them. It’s by designer Alvaro Catalan and the Bula'bula indigenous artists. They devised a system of joining traditional dyed and woven pandanus with PET plastic bottles. It was stunning! The colours magnificent.
- Then we went next door to the arts centre for lunch. I love the portrait option on my phone, so yes, took some more food photos.
- After we hopped off the train, and on my drive in the wheelchair up the back roads home, I spotted some gorgeous Agapanthus and Kangaroo Paws in various gardens. I couldn't help myself.
Last but least I came across a gorgeous Christmas display on a gate. Enjoy :)
ABOVE - CLICK ON THE PHOTO TO SEE IT UP CLOSER. Mmmmm...this is by artist Xu Zhen. It's a Buddha lying on its side, with Greco-Roman sculptures stuck all over him. He wanted to bring the 2 cultures together, his way of addressing barriers?? Buddha is more than 14 metres long. We decided it was hideous. It made my skin crawl as it looked as though Buddha had fleas crawling all over him. Some of the statues weren't even finished properly.
In a wheelchair permanently since early 2010 due to a disease called NMO. I am loving getting out and about in my wheels. My blogs capture my journey.