Around November 2016 I filed a case against Village Cinemas with the Victorian Equal Opportunities & Human Rights Commission re some concerns I had with Village. They were simply these:-
1. The disabled toilet doors were always so heavy which made it very difficult to get in and of the bathroom without getting squashed.
2. There is only one wheelchair accessible spot for a wheelchair in Gold Class which meant I could never go with a friend who is also in a wheelchair.
3. The seats that are allocated for people with disabilities were always sold to able bodied people often making it difficult to see a movie with a carer or friend.
After dealing with many people at Village and speaking to independent consultants that Village hired for some of the concerns, I finally got to chatting to the current Operations Manager. He was and has been fantastic as he immediately fixed my concerns re the toilet doors. The Gold Class wasn't a possibility in the immediate future. He organised a regular training sessions around the staff not selling the seats to able bodied people.
I also spoke to him about the possibility of people with Companion Cards to be able to use them when booking online. A Companion Card means that the person who has it can get a free ticket for their companion with them. He said that it wasn't possible as their computer system couldn't do it.
I THEN RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM HIM ON JUNE 7TH 2018 ADVISING ME THAT THEY HAD BEEN WORKING ON IT AND NOW ANYONE WITH A COMPANION CARD CAN LODGE IT WITH THEM, THEN USE IT TO BOOK ONLINE. WOOOHOOOO!!! AND THAT'S NATIONALLY! They had been working on that for about 1.5 years.
I was so pleased that a company had listened and taken on board what I had suggested and then worked on it.
HERE IS THE PROCESS FOR ANYONE WITH A COMPANION CARD -
1. You will need to sign up to their Vrewards program. That doesn't cost anything plus you'll get points for tickets and candy bar items that will add up to free goodies over time. You can do this online or at the cinema. The link below will take you their,
2. Fill out their CC form as per the link below, OR when you go to book the tickets a box will appear on the Village site asking you to APPLY for the seat. This will link you to the page to fill out.
3. Email it to Village - email@example.com,
4. Ask for a conformation email in return once it's been done.
5. Then when you log in to Village Cinemas online you'll see in the booking section at the very bottom that you can book tickets for Companion Card plus one.
CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS AND I'LL PASS THEM ON.
HAVE FUN AT THE MOVIES!!
In a wheelchair permanently since early 2010 due to a disease called NMO. I am loving getting out and about in my wheels. My blogs capture my journey.